Sunday, August 5, 2012

Believe.

One thing I pride myself is that I believe. I believe in people. Not everyone, of course. But yes. Anyway, I believe that people can reach anything. I don't know. Just put effort into it and I believe you can reach it. Maybe I am influenced by my friend, but I saw it work one time. From that time, I believed we are capable of doing things. We are capable of achieving higher goals. It just that we don't put ENOUGH effort into it.


Anyway, this is the event that I think was one of the turning points in my life.


It was the last quarter of my last high school. I was flunking in Math. I know that I can flunk one of the subjects because I can still graduate with that grade. But I wanted to graduate without failing grades. It is just what I like. I am not used to flunk subjects even though I hate them. So, my teacher gave us our pre-final grade, I was 5.0 or 4.0, I can't remember. I needed 6 points to get a 3.00, but 3.00 is not passing in our grading system. I need to get 2.50. And when I look if how much points in the last periodic exam I need to get, I was shocked. I believed back then that it was impossible. But then, I knew I don't want to graduate with failing grades. I knew I have to get that 2.50. No matter how impossible it may seem. So the night before the exam, I reviewed. I only reviewed Math (We have exams on 2 other subjects that same day). I solved and re-solved all the long exams that we had. I had facebook on my side but it was "touched" for a couple of times. I slept early that night. I rested. Then the next day happened. Then that afternoon, the results were out. I did it. It was something. I was happy. From then on, I knew I can do it. I still know I can. I believe. And I believe in others, too.






*This is maybe how I get that high self-esteem,*

No comments:

Post a Comment